A goal of CDN (content devilry network) is to give fast content to the user. By using CloudFlare Free CDN, you can easily activate content delivery network on your WordPress blog and can speed up your blog. To activate CloudFlare Free CDN, it just reads replacing your name servers and CDN automatically increases the speed of your blog, this also improves ySlow grade of your blog.
What is the CDN (Content Delivery Network)?
Read In This Post
The data center of the content delivery network is at different geographical locations and when your site uses a CDN network, and if a reader opens your site, then you use the CDN network of your files (images , static files) are served. This reduces ping, latency and thus your site loads faster.
How does CloudFlare Free CDN Work?
You can understand through the image given below how CDN works.
How to Activate CloudFlare Free CDN on Your Blog / Website
- You must have CloudFlare account, if not, you can register by going to cloudflare.com
- Add your website / blog to CloudFlare account.
- After 60 second DNS testing, he will ask you to add a missing record.
- To find the missing DNS record, visit your cPanel> Advanced DNS records.
- Find the missing DNS record and add it to your CloudFlare account’s DNS setting.
- After adding the missing DNS, click on ‘I’ve added all lost records’ button.
- Select the price for the CloudFlare account. I think you should select the free account. Then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, from where your domain name is purchased, go into that account and replace your name server with the name server provided by Cloudflare.
Thats it, wait 24 hours after updating the name server, after which automatic cloudflare will be enabled on your blog. You can test the speed of your blog by using Gtmetrix.
How to Setup on Cloudflare CDN WordPress
- Download, Install, and Activate the CloudFlare CDN Plugin
- Go to Go to Plugins> CloudFlare
- Enter the Cloudflare API key and enter the email id you used to sign up for cloudflare sign up
If you do not use the Cloudflare plugin, CDN will still be enabled on your blog, but the security and IP address of your blog will be correct by using this plugin.
So, Friend, I have written this article through Fast way to you, to the point step by step, how can Cloudflare Free CDN activate your blog. If you have any error and problem, you can ask through comment.