Atal Bihari Vajpayee biography अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी जीवनी –
Read In This Post
Atal Bihari Vajpayee took his last breath at AIIMS Hospital at 5:05 pm (16th August 2018). The 93 year old Prime Minister Atal Bihari Bajpayee left us on August 16, 2018. May God bless his soul. National mourning has been announced for 7 days on the death of Atal ji.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Multi-talented politician Atal Bihari Vajpayee has been active in Indian politics for the past 50 years. In his political journey, Vajpayee was the most idealistic and praiseworthy politician. Being a leader like Atal ji is a matter of pride for the entire country. Due to many of his works, the country is on this stage today. After Jawaharlal Nehru, if someone has become the Prime Minister three times, then he is Atal ji.
Atal ji has been active in the Parliament for the last 5 decades, he is also a united politician who was elected MP from 4 different states. Atal ji had already been in politics before independence of India, he had also participated in the Quit India Movement with Gandhiji, and many times jail tortures are also correct.
Atal is the master of versatility, he is a very good poet, who has been fascinated by his poems and satire on politics, many of his works have also been publicized, which still people read. Atal ji loves his mother tongue too much Hindi, Atal ji became the first politician who gave a speech in Hindi at the UN General Assembly.
Atal ji became the prime minister for the first time only for 13 days. After 1 year, he again became the Prime Minister, but this time he also went for one year. For the third time when Atalji became the Prime Minister, his tenure lasted 5 years and it was considered as the most successful.
|introduction||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Full Name||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Date Of Birth||25 December 1924|
|Date Of Death||16 August 2018|
|Birth place||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Mother-Father||Krishna Devi, Krishna Bihari Vajpayee|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Award||1992 – Padma Vibhushan|
1994 – Lokmanya Tilak Award
1994 – Best Parliamentary Award
1994 – Pandit Govind Vallabh Pant Award
2014 – Bharat Ratna
Atal ji was born in a middle class family in Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh. Atal ji had seven siblings. His father Krishna Bihari was a school teacher and poet. After completing his schooling from Swarasiti School, Atalji completed graduation from Laxmibai College, after which he graduated from DAVV College of Kanpur, in post-graduation in Economics.
He also applied for further study in the Law College of Lucknow, but he did not feel like studying again and he started doing the work of an editor in the publishing magazine by the RSS. Atal ji is known as a very good journalist, politician and poet. Atal ji never married, but he adopted Namita and Nandita, two daughters of B N call. Atal ji remained true devotee, while studying, he stood with big leaders in the fight for independence. He was also the editor of many Hindi news papers at the time.
Atal ji’s political journey started as a freedom fighter. During the Quit India Movement in 1942, he participated with other leaders and went to jail, during this time he met Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, leader of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh. Atal ji learned the scope of politics with Mukherjee ji. Mukherjeeji’s health started getting worse and soon he died, after that Atalji took over the responsibility of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh and expanded it in the entire country.
- He was elected Member of Parliament from Balrampur in 1954. In the days of Jawani, Atal ji got great respect and respect in politics due to his thinking and understanding.
- After the death of Deendayal Upadhyak in 1968, Atal ji became the national president of the Jana Sangh. After this, he worked hard with the support of Nanaji Desai, Balraj Madhok and Lal Krishna Advani for a few years and worked hard to further the Jana Sangh Parivar in Indian politics.
- In 1977, the Bharatiya Jana Sangh Party formed a coalition with the Indian Lok Dal, which was renamed as Janata Party. The Janata Party grew rapidly and got success in the local elections, after which Janta Party Leader Morarji Desai became Prime Minister and came to power, then Atal Ji was made an External Affairs Minister. After this he went to China and Pakistan, where he proposed to improve relations with India from these countries.
- When Morarji Desai resigned from the post of Prime Minister in 1979, the Janata Party also began to scatter. Atal ji met with LK Advani and Bhairav Singh Shekhawat in 1980 to form Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and became the first national president of the party. For the next five years, Atalji was the only party president.
- In the 1984 elections, BJP lost by just 2 seats, after which Atal ji worked for strengthening the party and the next election to the parliament was ahead in 1989 with the BJP winning 88 seats.
- Due to the demand of the opposition in 1991, once again the elections were held in the Parliament, in which BJP was once again ahead with 120 seats.
- In 1993, Atal Ji became the Leader of Opposition in the Parliament. At the BJP conference held in Mumbai in November 1995, Atal ji was declared BJP’s prime minister candidate.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s journey to become Prime Minister
- In 1996 elections, BJP was the single largest political party. BJP won in May 1996 and Atal ji was elected to the post of prime minister. But BJP did not get support from other parties, due to which the BJP government fell, and in just 13 days, Atal ji had to resign from the post.
- Between 1996 and 1998, there were 2 other governments, but they also fell by not getting support. After this, the BJP formed the National Domestic Party (NDA) in collaboration with the other parties. BJP came to power again, but this time their government was 13 months old, the Anna Draupadi Munnetra Party had withdrawn its support.
- India’s victory in Kargil in 1999, India’s victory in Pakistan’s war made Atal Ji’s government even stronger. With this victory, people started seeing him as a good future leader.
- After this election, BJP again strengthened the NDA and stood for election. The Indians were greatly impressed by the victory of Kargil, and all of them conquered BJP again, after which Atal Bihari Vajpayee sat for the third time in the prime minister’s chair.
- Bajpayee Government has completed this 5 years, and became the first non-Congress party. With the support of all the parties, Atal ji decided that they will move the private sector forward to improve the economic system of the country.The main plans of Atal ji were National Highway Development Project and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.
- Atal Ji promoted investment abroad and made people aware of IT sector. In 2000, US President Bill Clinton came to India, the visit had great effect in the progress and relationship of the two countries.
- In 2001, Atal ji sent an invitation to Pakistan’s Rastrapati Parvez Musharraf to come to India. They wanted to improve the relations of Indo-Pak, the people in Agra remember the talk till date. After this, bus started for Lahore, in which Atalji himself traveled. But his mission was not successful, Atal ji’s foreign policy did not make much change, but this is very much appreciated by the public.
- In 2001, Atal ji also started Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. For economic reform, Atal ji started many schemes, after which 6-7% growth was recorded. At the same time, the name of India came to be known all over the world.
- With the victory of Congress in 2004, Atal ji resigned from the post of Prime Minister.
In 2005, Atal ji declared the matter of retirement from politics. After this, he did not take part in the 2009 election.
- Just one month after coming to power, Atal ji and her government got successful tests of 5 Underground Nouclier in Pokhran, Rajasthan in May 1998. The test was completely successful, which was discussed in foreign countries too.
- The National Highway Development Project (PMDP) and Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) started by Atal ji were very close to their heart, they used to see it work itself. Through the NHDP, he has been involved in connecting the four main cities of the country – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kokatta. Through the PMGSY, India got good roads, which also connect small villages to the city.
- The decisions taken by Atal ji during the Kargil war and terrorist attacks, his leadership and diplomacy had influenced everyone so that his image emerged in front of everyone.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Awards & Achivements
- In 1992, due to his good work for the country, Atal ji was honored with Padma Vibhushan.
- He got the Best Parliamentarian Award in 1994.
- In 2014, Atal ji was honored with the country’s highest honor Bharat Ratna.
- These honors were given on 25 December of his birth by Rastrapati Pranab Mukherjee at his residence. For Atal ji, for the first time a President broke the protocol and went home to give respect.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Atal ji is called as Bhishma Pitamah of Indian Politics.
Atal ji was elected MP from four different regions of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Delhi.
Atal ji also loves music
his favorite musician Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh and Mo Rafi. Atal ji had pledged not to marry a lifetime, on which he remained. He is very close to his adopted daughter Namita and Nandita, Atal ji has very close relations with all his relatives too. Atal ji, who has been 90 years old, is now suffering from many diseases, he is suffering from knee pain, sugar and age according to age.
Atal ji is a father and patron for BJP, every citizen of the country today sees Atal ji as a respectable person. The members of the other party also consider Atal Ji as their source of inspiration. We respect Atal ji today and pray for their health and longevity.